Tuesday 1 May 2012

The Long Weekend

The problem with surf weekends that lack on the surf front is that they are basically just weekend's full of eating and little or no exercise to offset it!!! Doh!!!

That said, this weekend's trip to the Gower was lovely and probably just what was prescribed in terms of time to unwind and relax. I made it to the cottage late on Friday night, after a false start where I got to our tiny village only to find that there was no phone signal and I didn't have the address, so I had to dive 5 miles back up the road to find a mobile signal so I could call my friends and find out where I was supposed to be going.

Saturday's surf was a no-starter as it was flatter than the proverbial pancake, so we had a wander out towards Wormshead Point and then lunch and a cream tea, followed by dinner at a lovely local pub in the evening.

Sunday was even lazier as the pelting rain discouraged us from wanting to leave the house at all. A lie-in followed by grazing, board games and trying to get the log-burner lit followed. And a BBQ in the evening.

Yesterday we had a bit of a change of scene and tried our hands at archery and falconry on the way home!!

The scales pretty much stuck their tongue out at me this morning as a result. Not good and it entirely serves me right. These trips away are not good for either my purse or my waistline and I'm rather glad that May is actually looking rather light on the ground for confirmed bookings. I need to make a concerted effort to get my waist and purse back under control.

Hopefully, I'll have some developments on the debt front to report later in the week though which would be great.

In the meantime I leave you with my lovely new haircut (although it has been slightly rained on the way home):




As well as my poor knees a week on from the roller-disco - damn my ability to bruise like a peach!!!




- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment