Tuesday 29 May 2012

Restless

All my itchy feet, restless, going-to-explode feelings are back at the moment. I'm not quite sure why they've struck now, but struck they have.

Suddenly visions of a life more exciting or exotic than mine seem to swim tantalisingly before my eyes, with a perplexing mix of this-can-never-be-yours and make-a-rash-decision feelings floating around them.

The last time I felt like this was 2010, when I had my pre-30 crisis and ended up purchasing tickets to Costa Rica on a whim (and my credit card), jacking in my job, going traveling for a month and coming back to a new job and a new city. Not that that didn't work out well for me, but it was a little drastic.

I don't know if I've just got an accumulation of holiday longings and have seen too many of other people's Facebook photos at the moment and that's what's triggering it, but I have the distinct impression that I should be doing something more with my life, and that I need to stop fannying around and just get on with it.

Probably not helped by the fact that I'm currently obsessing over a boy I can't have (which is doing my head in, all on its own,since I loathe doing the girly obsessive thing and want to reclaim my headspace as my own), who just happens to be a successful graphic designer working for himself and with enough money to jet off on amazing holidays or work abroad when he fancies it.

Meh - sucks.

In other news, the weekend was .... ok ... for food. I'd have liked it to be better still, but I still made some good choices. However, in need of a shake-up, I've decided to try tracking my food a slightly different way for the next week or so and see if that can help me refocus. Maybe if I don't just do it on autopilot, and I can see the actual calories and fat involved, it will help me a bit.

So I'm using an online calorie tracker to keep tabs on all my nutritional info. First day today and I feel like I ate loads. Including a Gu key lime pie for dessert after dinner, and I've still got a 500 calorie deficit below my "recommended" one. So apparently I've managed to create a deficit of around 1300 calories today (my maintenance allowance is 2500, I ate 2000, and burned an extra 800 from exercise today). I'm not sure that feels quite right, but I've certainly eaten well today so we'll see how it goes.

Oh - and completely randomly - we saw Hugh Grant in the pub on Croyde on Saturday!!

Over and out.

- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I can't really offer any good advice to this one, because itchy feet doesn't seem to be something I suffer from - in fact, I'm the polar opposite, entirely thrown by change.

    I'm sure things will work out. Is planning some sort of holiday for later this year an option? Even if it is just a cheap city break or something along those lines?

    Sx

    ReplyDelete