Saturday 11 August 2012

Weekly Weighting

I'm surprisingly pleased with the result of yesterday's weigh in, even though it was a meagre 0.25lb off.

Let me explain: firstly, that means I actually managed to consistently lose weight 4 weeks in a row - extremely good going for me. Secondly, I had a bit of an "oops" moment on Thursday night with my eating, more on that in a sec. Thirdly, I did say I expected the scales to bounce back slightly after their sudden drop on Thursday. So all in all, I'm happy.

Thursday was one of those silly meals where you come home from work, eat what looked like a fairly sensible meal without thinking about it, then realise that you've actually consumed far more points than you thought you might. Not a terrible amount over, in the scale of the week's tracker, but definitely more than you intended. It wasn't a huge amount of food physically, just a not very clever choice (though for the record, my flatmate's chocolate cupcake was A-MAZING!).

Anyhoo, because I'm feeling quite balanced at the moment, that translated straight into a ... very normal day of eating yesterday, with a dose of very sweaty circuits to liven things up at lunchtime.

I know it sounds odd, but I find Fridays where I can eat relatively well to be one of the most satisfying achievements of the week. Notoriously, Fridays are an awful day for me - a fresh week in the tracker with a whole new allowance of flex points, and usually a social event to navigate, and things tend to come a little undone.

Yesterday was good though. We went to the Bristol Balloon Fiesta with VIP passes last night, so I knew I'd be eating dinner on the run. I stuck to a good basic breakfast and lunch, and then went and got a sandwich and a salad for my picnic tea, rather than leaving it to the lottery of whatever over-priced food would be available at the fiesta. That worked out well, as it meant I could enjoy a large cold white wine spritzer on our picnic rug in the VIP viewing area whilst eating our picnic, without having to go scavenge for food - much more relaxed!!!




We even stayed away from all the food stands, including the giant confectionary stands full of fudge (my personal weakness), because I kept telling myself and Krissy that none of what was on offer was really worth it - it wasn't the best quality out there, and if you're going to stray, you might as well make it good!




Instead we wandered happily, went on some of the fairground rides, watched the amazing aerobatics display with fireworks, and then headed home for a bowl of Haagen Dazs in front of Sweeney Todd, because I've never seen it before.





Today's looking ultra-relaxed with brunch in a bit and a BBQ later ... and yes, I fully intend to plan out my eats for tonight to stay on the healthy side!!




- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment