Wednesday 8 August 2012

Run Away

Yep - it's that time again ... time to get my run on.

Now let's be clear about this - I haven't run since the half marathon. In March. Some 5 months ago.

However the Banzai Charge is looming in a month's time and I'm totally unprepared so running seemed like a good plan!!! As it is, I'm woefully undertrained for an 8 mile x-country mud, hills and obstacles epic.

It wasn't particularly fun running after so long, but it actually wasn't too bad. I went for my normal harbour loop of just over 4k, and set out with the intention of making it as comfortable as possible and taking it as slowly as that needed to be.

In the end, it took me around 29 mins, which is prob only about a minute and a bit slower than my normal pace, and the only real casualty was a bit of soreness on my insteps where the skin has obviously softened since I stopped running regularly. I do think maybe I need to change my entry to the 4 mile race though!!!

Anyhoo - it's back to running for me again. At least for a little while!


- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment