Saturday 21 July 2012

Wow!!!

I have to admit that on Thursday morning this week, I was at my wit's end. I jumped on the scales as usual and they read an awful 13st 11lbs. Then they conked out completely with no battery.

Bastards!!!!

Whether or not that last reading was truly accurate, I was at my wit's end: my weight was just spiralling up and up, whilst my calorie tracker said I was on target, and I felt miserable.

Something had to change, and then and there I decided that a) I needed to pull my socks up completely, don my big girl panties (which depressingly, probably fit far too well), and make a proper commitment, and b) all of the above needed to be done on a plan I knew worked .... whether I liked it or not it was time to go back to Weightwatchers.

Amazingly, the scales this morning put me back around the 13st 4-5lb marker already, which I don't think I've seen for several weeks now. Either I had the worst bloating ever, the scales were totally lying prior to the batteries dying (but I don't think so because yesterday's reading with new batteries didn't suggest that) or several days of giving tough love to yourself really helps. I don't know, and I don't care, but it really makes me want to continue!!

I'm in the mindset of nothing is irreplaceable / unique - if you don't eat it now, it will still be there another time. In other words, stick to basics, avoid any treats unless I really do have the points for them left over in my daily allowance, and try and stick as closely as possible to those daily points without allowing myself to wander.

I have a bit of a challenge today as I have a dinner out at a Chinese restaurant this evening, a big party tonight and I'm going to the Harbour Festival here in Bristol today ... but hey, the sun is shining, I'm feeling happy and I can do it!

Happy weekend folks!!

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment