Tuesday 17 July 2012

Hmph

I have just realised that, according to my spreadsheet, in the 6 weeks since I started using my calorie tracker on my phone I should have lost around 4lbs.

Instead I have put on 5lbs according to the scales this morning.

Great.

I am therefore apparently 9lbs adrift of their calculations.

Where to go from here?

Am I not tracking things properly? Is my metabolism screwed after 3 years of Weightwatchers? Am I suffering with a whole heap of bloat at the moment? Too much salt?

I'm really not sure where to go from here. Weightwatchers wasn't working for me as I seemed incapable of sticking to the points. This one doesn't seem to be working despite saying that overall I have stuck to it. That in itself makes me think that Weightwatchers had me on too few calories as my new tracker already tells me I'm skating close to base metabolic rate (below which I would officially be starving myself).

I suspect the truth lies somewhere in the middle - too much salt and "bad" food within my calorie choices, maybe a little laxness on my tracking, and a metabolism that probably does run a little slow.

I don't want to get in the habit of starving myself though - it's not sustainable, it's not healthy and it won't do me any good in my weight loss endeavours so I'm trying to figure out what to do.

I have very little free time at the moment, and am barely home to cook most evenings. I exercise 3-4 times a week most weeks. There has to be a way to balance this. There has to be because I'm losing ground alarmingly fast.

- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I totally feel your pain. Dieting does screw with us, so there has to be a way to find a happy medium. I've no answers, but if you find them, it'd be good to know.

    For now I'm just carrying on exercising and trying to eat well, I don't know what else to do.

    x

    ReplyDelete