Monday 31 December 2012

2012

What a year! It's gone so quickly, that it barely seems 2 months ago that I was watching The Lord Mayor's fireworks on the London Eye in our fair capital city.

Initially, I wasn't that impressed with this year, but as I look back I realise what an amazing year it's been. This time last year I:

- was seeing someone I thought I was keen on, and didn't yet know that it had barely 2 months left to run, but that I'd almost immediately meet someone I liked far more which would lead to a 6 month emotional roller coaster.

- didn't own my surfboard and hadn't yet experienced the glory that is the sundowner surf after work in the summer.

- hadn't run my first half-marathon or slogged through the hip-deep bog of my first trail / obstacle race.

- was homeless, crashing on my friend's sofa, and didn't know my wonderful housemates who are now such amazing friends.

- had no idea I'd be going on a solo trip to Africa for a month (which is now less than 2 months away - squeeeeee!).

- hadn't started to seriously entertain the idea that I actually might be able to go and live and work abroad for awhile and make one of my great dreams happen.

- didnt have my loan and was still frantically fitting my debt - since then I've made great progress.


I also had lovely trips to Majorca, the Loire Valley and Paris and 2 fab weekends in Brussels. All in all, a great year.

2013 is looking amazing - I'm looking forward to all manner of adventures. Happy New Year and I'll be back with my goals and resolutions tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment